Today is my 5th mothers day being a mom. So far this day has been not the best...insomnia, stupid insurance companies, migraines, and retarded waiters have made my day less then ideal. However, that does not change the fact that I love being a mom and that usually mothers day is my favorite day of the year. It is a great day where I can sit back, let Chris do all the work and simply enjoy my family. It still amazes me that there were no people there and now there are. Two amazing kids who are making me more and more of the person that I want to be. Motherhood is by far the hardest thing I have ever done-it has challenged me in how I think of every part of my life and pushed me to know what I believe, why I make the choices I do, and what kind of role model I want to be for my kids. This year has been especially difficult as I cannot be the person I want to be all the time. It amazes me how not feeling well changes everything in your life. However, through this me and my kids have learned to take it easier, to not stress about the small things and to just relax and take care of each other. Hopefully this next year (and even the rest of this day) will be better and me and my kids will learn that my love for them will not ever dwindle even if the way I have to show it changes.
Trying my hand at taking a photo everyday this year so we can remember hat actually happened and how this upcoming year has changed us.
Sunday, May 9, 2010
Mothers Day
Today is my 5th mothers day being a mom. So far this day has been not the best...insomnia, stupid insurance companies, migraines, and retarded waiters have made my day less then ideal. However, that does not change the fact that I love being a mom and that usually mothers day is my favorite day of the year. It is a great day where I can sit back, let Chris do all the work and simply enjoy my family. It still amazes me that there were no people there and now there are. Two amazing kids who are making me more and more of the person that I want to be. Motherhood is by far the hardest thing I have ever done-it has challenged me in how I think of every part of my life and pushed me to know what I believe, why I make the choices I do, and what kind of role model I want to be for my kids. This year has been especially difficult as I cannot be the person I want to be all the time. It amazes me how not feeling well changes everything in your life. However, through this me and my kids have learned to take it easier, to not stress about the small things and to just relax and take care of each other. Hopefully this next year (and even the rest of this day) will be better and me and my kids will learn that my love for them will not ever dwindle even if the way I have to show it changes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I hope that you had a better Mother's Day! :) And I 100% agree with you being a mommy is beyond the best choice I ever made. And they are such a miracle that was given to us! :D >>hugs<< I hope you have a better yr. And feel better soon also!
ReplyDelete